PDA

View Full Version : How can I increase number of mails for particular domain?

Rodricks
03-09-08, 07:55
How do I increase email to maximum number of particular domain can send in one hour in WHM?

This can be done by editing /var/cpanel/maxemails in SSH. Enter

domainname=X

where domainname is the name of the domain for which limits are being set and X is the number you want to allow that domain. If you wish to set it to unlimited Set it to X to 0.

Sean
03-09-08, 18:04
Or rather you could follow this :

pico /var/cpanel/maxemailsperdomain/yourdomainhere.com

yourdomainhere.com is the domain for increasing the number of mails. Once you enter the no. in the file. You may save it and REMEMBER to restart exim services by executing the following command :

/scripts/build_maxemails_config

Changes have been made. However, for monitoring purposes, you may execute the following command :

tail /var/log/exim_mainlog

This should help! :)

Rodricks
03-11-08, 04:50
Yes you can use
tail /var/log/exim_mainlog command for monitoring your server.

If you will do constant monitoring, checking and log analysis than you will never face any problem with your server.

Christina
03-11-08, 08:36
How do I increase email to maximum number of particular domain can send in one hour in WHM?

This can be done by editing /var/cpanel/maxemails in SSH. Enter

domainname=X

where domainname is the name of the domain for which limits are being set and X is the number you want to allow that domain. If you wish to set it to unlimited Set it to X to 0.

Are these your own domains ?

or are you providing them to your client as i was thinking if what will he be using these mails for. Just a thought though. :D