PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Add Mail

James
10-30-07, 04:17
when I am trying to add email account , I am getting the following Error , can anybody help me?

The E-mail account [email protected] with the login Permission denied: /home/james/etc/james.co.uk/passwd passwd and password fernando with a quota of Mb was successfully created.

carl
10-30-07, 06:15
I think it is a permissions issue. If you don't have root access to that server, I would suggest to contact your hosting provider for assistance.

Bodhost
10-30-07, 07:33
The permission to login has been denied. Can you provide us more information on it in order to provide you with a solution?

However, please create a test account on the same server and check if the email account is functioning properly. :)

Glenn
10-31-07, 11:11
when I am trying to add email account , I am getting the following Error , can anybody help me?

The E-mail account [email protected] with the login Permission denied: /home/james/etc/james.co.uk/passwd passwd and password fernando with a quota of Mb was successfully created.

Ask tech support to go into home directory of james by logging into server as root and fire command

chown james.mail etc -R

It will fix the issue.

Glenn....

Christina
10-31-07, 12:20
Glenn, i definitely appreciate the way you have been posting these days. This forum has always thought me to play with some few new things.

James
11-05-07, 04:51
Ask tech support to go into home directory of james by logging into server as root and fire command

chown james.mail etc -R

It will fix the issue.

Glenn....

Thanks Glenn for your reply I had placed a ticket to my hosting provider and their technician solved that issue.

Bodhost
11-05-07, 12:04
Support Appreciated. ;)

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

James
11-06-07, 07:27
Support Appreciated. ;)

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Thanks Admin for your quick response.I will definetly let you know

Bodhost
11-06-07, 12:35
Your welcome :)