Default Why did you start using Linux?

Linux is a free and open source software operating system for computers. Is this the only reason for people using Linux?

The reason behind I moving to Linux was because after upgrading to Windows 10 the start menu wouldn't open. The I just screwed it and switched to Ubuntu.

You remember this mathematical formula - all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. Any Ubuntu install has a linux kernel, but not all Linux Installs happen to be Ubuntu. This is the reason I use Linux.

Even I have asked this question to most of our customers, and most of them came up with following reasons ::

- They say Linux is the fastest operating system in the world, it runs 3 times faster than windows.

- Linux is a secured OS as its Virus free platform.

- Linux file format is in text format which is very user-friendly.

- Linux Kernel is very small and can easily be stored.

- Its a multi-user, multitasking, and multi desktop OS.

- And finally it is much economical as compared to any other platforms.

Nothing is secure in this world, which makes me say Linux is also vulnerable. It's just that it is freely available and the fact that you are more secure on this OS apart from the other ones...that's what I think.

One of my friends introduced me to Linux not too long ago. Although, at start I felt the interface a bit hard to take, slowly I got used to it and now I can finally say that I am well versed in Linux.

Apart from the open source nature and security aspects, following are the two reasons that compel me to use Linux:

1) Linux supports almost all of the major programming languages.
    2) Further, the ability of bash scripting is also one of the most compelling reasons why programmers like me prefer using Linux OS.
    3) Another major advantage of using Linux is customization. If you like tweaking your system’s looks, Linux is just perfect for you.

What made me choose Linux over Windows is Reliability and Privacy. Windows, as we know, becomes sluggish day after day. It requires re-installation after a while when you encounter crashes or slowdowns. However, in case of Linux, there are no such problems. Just experience a faster and a smoother system for a longer period.

Again as compared to Windows where you keep on rebooting the system for just about everything Linux can help you comfortably continue with your work without the botheration of rebooting

In the case of Privacy, Microsoft certainly tries to anonymize the data collected from every user. So, you would need a set of tools to disable the spying modules of Windows. In contrast, Linux would be the perfect solution for a privacy buff. First of all, Linux distributions do not collect much data (or none). Moreover, you will not need additional tools to protect your privacy.