Default Terrible wordpress load time

So I am facing some load time issues on my Wordpress blog...how do i go about fixing this issue? Do you guys advise me to use some sort of plugins or what?

Are you sure you are uploading images of the correct sizes? If not then I would suggest you to go for a plugin called Smush which helps in this case. Also, plugins are helpful but they tend to slow down the website speed which might be the case with you.

Are you on a shared platform or VPS? I believe Google has a tool which is free for users and it helps you determine your site performance and gives you suggestions as to making the correct site changes.

I would advise you to refer tutorials available online on Youtube. But, you are better off getting a dedicated solution for your business as it will be beneficial in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveLloyd View Post
    Are you on a shared platform or VPS? I believe Google has a tool which is free for users and it helps you determine your site performance and gives you suggestions as to making the correct site changes.
    Yes it's called Google page insights and i highly suggest you to go for it. I have been through the same situation before and advise you to do the same. Chances are there might be issues with your server which might have resulted in this issue.